We have some great news this morning for Windows Phone 7 users. Today, TripAdvisor is excited to announce the launch of our free mobile app for Windows Phone 7. The app joins our other helpful mobile apps for the iPad, the iPhone, Android, Nokia and Palm smartphones, and the TripAdvisor mobile website available on all major mobile devices.
The new app, which is free and available now in the Windows Phone 7 marketplace in 17 countries and 5 languages, allows travelers to access the wealth of trusted travel advice available on TripAdvisor for hotels, restaurants, attractions and flights. Key features of the app include:
- Access to TripAdvisor’s more than 45 million reviews and opinions for hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Travelers can even add their own reviews while their experiences are fresh.
- “Near Me Now” functionality, so travelers can determine what hotels, restaurants and attractions are nearby.
- The ability to find cheap flights using the award-winning TripAdvisor Flights search engine (U.S. and U.K. only).
- Access to the TripAdvisor forums, where users can ask questions of their fellow travelers and receive helpful feedback.
- Traveler photos of hotels, restaurants, attractions and destinations.
“We’re excited to add the TripAdvisor Windows Phone 7 app to our suite of mobile travel offerings,” said Mike Putnam, director of mobile product at TripAdvisor. “The new app will help even more travelers around the globe plan and have the perfect trip, whether they’re at home or on-the-go, on their Windows Phone 7 devices.”
More information about TripAdvisor’s free mobile apps and website can be found at www.tripadvisor.com/mobile.