Last week, TripAdvisor announced the results of its annual air travel survey of more than 2,000 U.S. travelers. The survey revealed traveler opinions on issues ranging from airline fees and airport security, to rising airfares and the worst airplane seatmates.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 92% of travelers are planning to fly in 2011, up from the 91% of travelers who said they flew in 2010.
- 46% of respondents said checked baggage fees are the most annoying airline fee, followed by seat selection fees (24%) and carry-on baggage fees (18%).
- 67% of travelers said they are either now comfortable with the most recent airport security changes or have been comfortable all along.
- 28% of respondents said a sick seatmate is the worst kind of neighbor to have on an airplane, followed by 27% for a smelly seatmate and 13% for a “space intruder.”
- When asked what one thing airlines could do to make the in-flight experience better, the vast majority – 43% – cited more legroom.
The full results of our annual air travel survey can be viewed at the following link.
What do you like and dislike the most about air travel? Are there things you think airlines should do to make the flight experience more enjoyable? Be sure to share in the comments section!