With its convenient offline usability (no roaming charges!), GPS technology, and interactive walking tours, the TripAdvisor City Guides mobile app is already the best way to plan travel before and during a trip. But today, we’re kicking things up a notch…
Starting today, City Guides app users will have access to 30 brand new city guides, plus three new useful features. Users can now view local transit maps, which is oh-so-convenient for fans of public transportation. In addition, our travel experts have written up custom itinerary ideas based on popular travel themes, like “off the beaten path,” or “foodie destinations,” or “traveling with family.”
The 30 new City Guides – coupled with our existing 20 – brings our portfolio total to 50 global destinations, so you have an even greater chance of getting a FREE travel guide for your next adventure. Click here to see all the details in our press release.
Plus, to celebrate the apps’ awesome updates, we’re launching a Twitter ReTweet sweepstakes! For the chance to win a TripAdvisor prize pack complete with a $250 American Express gift card to use toward purchasing your favorite mobile device, follow TripAdvisor (@TripAdvisor) on Twitter, and Retweet the following message once you see it posted on our Twitter feed:
TripAdvisor launches #30NewCityGuides! Get your free app & RT for a chance to win a $250 Amex gift card. Details: http://tripadv.sr/JtTDvm
Be sure to include the hashtag #30NewCityGuides!
One winner will be selected at random to win the prize pack. The winner will be announced on Twitter by 6 p.m. EST on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 and will need to respond via direct message to claim their prize. Full sweepstakes rules can be found below.
Good luck and Happy Travels!
Official Rules for the TripAdvisor City Guides Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have a Twitter account. Employees of TripAdvisor LLC, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by TripAdvisor LLC, 141 Needham Street, Newton, MA, 02464 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM ET on Tuesday, May 29, 2012. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @TripAdvisor on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/tripadvisor and click on the icon to follow @TripAdvisor. Once you are following @TripAdvisor, Retweet: “TripAdvisor launches #30NewCityGuides! Get your free app & RT for a chance to win a $250 Amex gift card. Details: http://tripadv.sr/JtTDvm” There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may void all of your entries and exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Participation is subject to Twitter’s Terms of Service.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will send a direct message from @TripAdvisor to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @TripAdvisor and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the direct message within 10 days after Sponsor sent the direct message, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf.
- Prizes: One (1) winner will receive one (1) TripAdvisor swag pack, including a $250 Amex gift card, hat, notebook, luggage tag and grocery tote bag. The approximate retail value of the prize is $275. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter user name used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter user name that was selected. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.