Transformers: The Ride 3D recently opened at Universal Studios Hollywood, and to celebrate, we’re launching an exciting promotion – the TripAdvisor and Universal Studios Hollywood Transformers Win and Ride sweepstakes!
Want a chance to win? One lucky traveler will be whisked away with three friends on the Universal Studios Hollywood trip of a lifetime, complete with round trip airfare, ground transportation, 2 nights hotel stay, park tickets, and a TripAdvisor prize pack for four.
To enter, visit our Facebook page, Like the page (if you haven’t already) and fill out the sweepstakes form. At the end of the sweepstakes, one winner will be selected at random to win. Plus, if you get your friends to enter, you’ll receive extra entries into the sweepstakes – up to 10 more chances to win.
The winner will be announced on Facebook on August 7, 2012. Sweepstakes open to residents of the United States (excluding Hawaii and Alaska). See the full sweepstakes rules below.
Official Rules for the TripAdvisor & Universal City Studios LLC dba Universal Studios Hollywood (“USH”) Trip Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, who are eighteen (18) or older. Employees of TripAdvisor LLC and USH, as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members, are not eligible.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by TripAdvisor LLC, 141 Needham Street, Newton, MA, 02464 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12 p.m. ET on July 9, 2012 and ends at 11:59 a.m. ET on August 6, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: Visit the TripAdvisor Facebook page, “Like” the page, if you don’t already, and then fill out the entry form. There is a limit of one (1) sweepstakes entry per person by filling out the entry form. Up to ten (10) additional entries may be received by referring friends to sign up using the “share” link, which will be displayed at the time of entry. A friend must then visit the TripAdvisor Facebook page using the shared link, Like the page, if they haven’t already, and sign up. Entrants will not receive extra entries unless their friends have provided all necessary details to enter the Sweepstakes. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Drawing: On or about August 7, 2012, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within five (5) business days of a drawing via e-mail. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate entrants may be contacted.
- Prizes: One (1) winner will receive a 2 night/3 day trip for four (4) people, including round-trip airfare, hotel (double/quad occupancy), round-trip ground transport from airport to hotel and 2-day park tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood. Prize is valued at approximately $4,000. Winner will also receive a TripAdvisor prize pack, complete with four (4) tote bags, luggage tags and t-shirts. Prize is valued at approximately $40. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be completed no later than August 7, 2013. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, each travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, at least one (1) travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, USH, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Force Majeure: The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of either (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- Results: Winners will be announced on Facebook.