The highly-rated City Guides app is expanding its portfolio of free, downloadable travel guides and needs your help! The app currently offers guides for 50 destinations, previously chosen by an exclusive group of travel experts, but this time the team wanted to do things a little differently. Instead, we are hosting a contest for you, the travelers, to vote on which cities we should profile. The winning 10 cities will have a dedicated travel guide and be featured on the City Guides app!
To vote for your favorite city, please follow the contest instructions below. The deadline to participate is September 21st, so act quickly!
- Visit: http://apps.facebook.com/tacityguides
- Just type in the city name, and click “vote.”**
- Invite your friends to support your choice.
**You can vote for as many cities as you want, but your vote is counted only once per city.
Official Rules for the TripAdvisor “Which Cities Next” City Guides Competition
1. Sponsor: The Competition is sponsored by TripAdvisor LLC, 141 Needham Street, Newton, MA, 02464 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Competition, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding.
3. Entry Period: The Competition begins at 12 p.m. ET on August 6, 2012 and ends at 11:59 a.m. ET on September 21, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the competition.
4. How to Enter: Visit the TripAdvisor City Guides App, and then enter the city you want to vote for. Your vote will be counted once per city. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
5. Results: Results will be announced in Facebook during the month of September. TripAdvisor reserves the right to make any and all decisions regarding the selection of top cities as voted, as needed.
6. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Competition is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Competition to address the impairment and then resume the Competition in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) select the winning cities from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Competition, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Competition is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Competition; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
10. Force Majeure: The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of either (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
11. Results: Winners will be announced on Facebook.