With the continued increase of connectivity among today’s global society, TripAdvisor recently asked U.S. travelers to share their thoughts on using social media for travel purposes. Today we’re announcing the results of the survey of more than 1,700 U.S. respondents, which reveals a strong correlation between social media and travel. In fact, 76 percent said they share travel experiences via social networks!
Some other interesting findings from the 2012 TripAdvisor social media travel survey include:
Of those using social channels:
– 91% post photos of their vacations
- 57% post status updates
- 34% “check-in” while traveling
Why travelers use social media:
- 37% think social networks have made travel planning easier
- 36% use social media to update friends and family on their whereabouts
- 27% noted the fun to share all their exciting photos and news
Curious to find out what else the survey revealed about how travelers use social networks? Check out the full survey results here and be sure to share your social media and travel thoughts in the comments section below!